How To — Share A Google Form Survey
I use Google Forms a lot.
Periodically, I get requests to share a form that others want to use. However, I don’t want to share the original.
Here’s how I do it:
Open Google Form in Edit Mode
- Click on the “3 dots” icon at the top right.
Make a Copy of the Form
- Click on “Make a copy”
- Rename the Form.
- Click OK and you are done.
Share The New Google Form
- Click on “dots” menu again and select “Add Collaborators…”
- Complete the invite email address (needs to be a Google address if they want to edit and save the form). Click send to add the new collaborator.
- The new collaborator is now added to the Form.
Tip — On the recipient end, they should “save a copy of the form”, at which time they are the owner and can modify, etc. as they want for their purposes (without the Sender being on the the form!).
That’s it. You have just shared a form. Once the recipient has accepted and created their own form, you can delete the copy. I typically delete the copy after one week — giving the person plenty of time to react to the new form they were shared.