A recent conversation with Bill Tomoff led me to go download my connections from #LinkedIn.
It’s simple, but not very intuitive. So I thought I would share the process:
- Open the LinkedIn home page. Click on the “My Network” icon.
- Click on “See all” under Your connections.
- Click on “Manage synced and imported contacts”.
- Under “Advanced Options”, click on “Export connections”.
- Select, in this case, just “Connections” to be exported. You will be prompted to enter your password.
- Your request is then submitted to LinkedIn. You will receive an email when the download file is available.
- When you receive the email, you can download the file. The format provided is a .csv file which can be opened and manipulated in Excel.
In a future post, I will discuss an easy way to clean up your data using Excel’s #PowerQuery add-in.
With some basic clean up and data modification, you can create analysis — such as the chart above —in very little time!