PowerPoint — How To Create an Image of a Slide
I’m preparing for an upcoming conference and I need to create slide images for various reasons…
There are many different ways from the desktop — “Save As” an image, use Windows snipping tool or do a screen print, etc. (the “hard” way).
Create from your mobile device (the “easy” way).
Let’s explore how each can be done…
The Hard Way
This is the SAVE AS option from your PowerPoint desktop application.
- Open PowerPoint to slide you want an image of. Click “File”.
- Select “Save as” and then “jpeg” as the file type.
- Set file location, rename the file, and click “just this one”.
- Click “Save” and the file will be saved to your chosen directory. Done.
Wow, that’s a lot of effort for one image!
The Easy Way
Fortunately, for me, there is a much easier way — using my PDF document management app on my iPad.
Just two steps.
- Save to PDF (from the desktop), send to my cloud storage service and open in my PDF app (I prefer GoodReader, but can be any PDF-capable app) on my iPad.
- Navigate to the slide I want a image of and grab a screenshot (Press “Home + Power Button” at same time). Done — the image is now in my Camera Roll on my device.