Says it all. My rules for effectiveness:
- Does it need to be done at all? If not, don’t bother.
- Can the task be automated with “rules”? Email management can be reduced to very little effort if we automate filing / filtering using rules. Then rely on search techniques to find anything instantly.
- Eliminate as much manual effort as possible. Shortcuts, automation in software programs, etc.
- Is it digital? If not, get there…
- Search for everything. Once content is digital, leverage search. Once mastered, tasks that take minutes normally take seconds — literally. And this is repeated All. Day. Long.
- Repeat, repeat, repeat. Keep learning and improving!