Snapchat update adds support for voice filters, links, and more
Snapchat is a thing the millennials are into these days, and it's not just for sexting anymore. At least that's what I…
Snapchat’s recent update enables the sharing of web links in posts, among other upgrades. Link sharing made my day since I occasionally like to share blog posts and other web content I come across.
The one most interesting item to me is link sharing. However, I did not find the process intuitive, so I providing a walk through below.
Hope this helps!
In my case, I want to share a Medium blog post that I prepared about Gmail settings.
- Step 1 — Take a screenshot (in my case, so they know what they are getting…)
- Step 2 — Go into Snapchat and access the Camera Roll via Memories (in Snapchat). Select the image to share.
- Step 3 — Swipe up on “Edit & Send”
- Step 4 — Tap edit icon and tap “Paperclip” to attach link
- Tap “Paperclip” icon, then paste web link (this should be copied before the process is started!)
- Step 5 — Tap “Attach to Snap” and then send the Snap like you typically would (select Story, users, etc.).
- It’s really straightforward if you are on the receiving end!
- Once you swipe up, you get the option to open the link (in this case, to open in the Medium app). Tap “Open in App” and the link will open.
- The blog post appears in Medium. Pretty straight-forward to access and read!
“It’s time for different”
Don is passionate about helping professionals and organizations keep up and adapt to the changing business world that we operate in.
“What Do You Do?”
I frequently get this question. My response (it’s not what you think!)? Check it out here!