If you are anything like me, you use YouTube as a resource to learn and develop your skills.
One thing I always wanted was an easy way to collect video content with Time Markers so I could access it on my iPad or iPhone.
So here is the process — and it is working really well for me!
Note: This process ONLY works when Time Marked segments are provided along with the YouTube video content!
1 — Locate the Videos You Want to Collect & Collect in Evernote
As shown in the image above, you simply locate the videos (take a look at this ExcelIsFun playlist that I used).
From these videos, I selected the ones I wanted access to and copied the content into an Evernote note.
Then start using it!
2 — Use the Evernote Note on your Mobile Devices
Here it is on the iPad
- Open Evernote note and access “Search in note”
- Tap “Search” and any located term will be highlighted
- Number of found terms is noted at bottom. Scroll on iPad or use arrows at bottom to advance through terms. Tap to open video at selected time link.
- Video opens in Evernote “mini-browser”.
- Tap “Done” at top left when completed. Change search and repeat as often as you like!
How About the iPhone?
- Same look and feel…just smaller!
Check it Out Here:
It’s easy and what’s not to like?
Moving training to the mobile device, easily accessible and searchable whenever I have time!